Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Futurama

I'm a Futurama fan, so that's definitely affecting my view of these toys, but having said that not too shabby.



When KR released the Simpsons toys I took a pass, I really didn't see the need to further deform characters into a stubby Munny body that were already that deformed to begin with. Wasn't able to resist buying a few of these though. Now that I've had some time to play with them I think they did a good job at preserving the feel of the characters even in this form, & there's tons of extras & accessories (bender's chest box even pops open)



There are some sloppy lines on the paint application but I'm willing to overlook that due to the curvaceous nature of the sculpts (making the lines crisp on the bulging Groening-style eyeballs has to be tough.)

One head-scratcher though is why the neck pegs are different for each figure. They all are so squat there isn't any physical need to make them different sizes. It would have been fun to mix & match, might have even made me buy a few more.



As is, nothing too special but a decent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment